All of Facebook’s Ad Targeting Options In 1 Infographic
Here’s something to wrap your brain around: there are more potential Facebook audience-targeting options than there are human beings in the world.
If you went through every demographic option… every interests option… every behavior option… connection… remarketing… and so on… it is possible to create so detailed an audience profile that you in all likelihood would develop an audience that doesn’t even exist.
In short, Facebook is powerful–arguably the most powerful marketing tool ever created. A new infographic from WordStream gives us a 30,000-foot view into the power of its audience-targeting tools.
A large part of what we do here at BuzzPlant is work with our clients to identify and develop target audiences on Facebook. Typically location, gender, age, and interests come into play. But beyond these initial metrics is a mine of demographic data and choices.
Facebook Demographic Options
- Location (currently in location, recently in, or traveling in)
- Relationship (interests and status)
- Education (level, field of study, schools, undergrad years)
- Work (employers, job title, industries, office type)
- Financial (income and net worth)
- Home (type, ownership status, composition)
- Ethnic Affinity
- Parents (plus a slew of mom-demographics)
- Life events (everything from the big ones like anniversaries to small ones like ‘away from hometown’)
Facebook Interests Options
Options are available for interests within the following sectors…
- Business & Industry
- Family & Relationships
- Fitness & Wellness
- Food & Drink
- Hobbies & Activities
- Shopping & Fashion
- Sports & Outdoors
Select if your audience has behaviors in the following categories…
- Charitable Donations
- Digital Activities
- Job Role
- Mobile Device User
- Purchase Behavior
- Residential Profiles
- Seasonal & Events
Find an audience among…
- People on Facebook
- People who have (or have not) interacted with your app
- People going to your event
Use remarketing to connect with…
- People who visited your website
- A custom list of emails
- A custom list of phone numbers
- A custom list of Facebook user IDs
Are you maximizing your options with Facebook?
There is no better tool than Facebook for drilling down to the perfect audience for your product. If you aren’t using it, the only question is why not? If you’re looking for some resources to help you get started, check out these BuzzPlant Blog posts:
- Behind-the-Scenes Tips for Facebook Advertising
- 8 Ways to Do Facebook Marketing In 2016
- 14 Social Media Experts Share Facebook Ad Campaign Tips
Check out the full infographic below. Comments welcome just below the infographic!